Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plano, Texas
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
What you will do
You are responsible for all operational and advanced procurement activities within the given sub-commodities while ensuring compliance with overall JCI objectives, strategies and BOS procedures. You are also responsible for the management of all suppliers within the commodity group.
How you will do it
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years experience in procurement including buying and managing commodities.
• Ability to gather, relate and summarize information into logical conclusions.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with internal customers and suppliers.
• Highly motivated individual capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
• Demonstrated leadership, organization, planning, administration and team playing skills.
• Requires advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use business systems software.
• Travel up to 10%
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.