Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Henderson, Nevada
At Independence Physician Management (IPM a subsidiary of UHS Inc.) we're looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values, who share our focus on hard work, enthusiasm, teamwork, loyalty, trust and cooperation. We've embraced these traits and built a team of employees who consistently work to achieve the highest level of service excellence. People are our most valuable resource at IPM as we are committed to providing high quality acute care and behavioral health services to residents of the communities we serve. We are equally committed to offering our employees unlimited opportunity in an environment that encourages professional development. Provides leadership, direction and ongoing administration and management within a designated region for all operational aspects of IPM s Physician Practice Management markets. Ensures policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs. Directly supervises Market Managers and/or Practice Administrators. Has overall responsibility for all aspects of the care centers, financial and operational performance and is accountable to communicate and implement corporate strategic initiatives to meet the program goals and objectives. Demonstrates service excellence and conveys professionalism at all times with strong motivation to achieve optimum results.
* Plans, directs and supervise the medical group operations
* Actively works with the Market Managers and Practice Administrators to review the marketing plan and pursue ways to increase practice volumes.
* Coordinates regulatory reimbursement and managed care issues
* Develops and implements policies and procedures to strategically align with the corporate directive; reviews periodically to assure compliance.
* Directs technology related activities to achieve desired goals and maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations
* Maintains good public relations with the community.
* Assists in the recruitment of physicians to develop/grow markets with physician practices
* Monitors performance indicators to ensure practice objectives/goals are met.
* Develops budgetary goals and initiates corrective action to address unfavorable budget variances.
* Forecasts and anticipates staffing needs; promotes good employee relations practices; holds staffing at a functional minimum.
* Assists in the recruitment, selection, development and evaluation of practice management staff.
* Manages board relations within the Physician Practices
* Reviews monthly physician P&L with Market Manager(s) to assure practice is aligned with strategic initiatives
* Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Bachelor s degree in Health or Business Administration is required. A Master s degree in health or business administration and/or certification by the American College of Medical Practice Executives is preferred.
* Five to eight years of physician practice management or health care management experience is required. Experience in managing multiple physician locations across a wide geographic area with at least 50-75 physicians is required.
* Strong understanding of the financial management, and business and clinical operations of a medical group practice
* Knowledge of fiscal management techniques, revenue cycle management and third party reimbursement
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Independence Physician Management offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefit programs including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
Independence Physician Management is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPM via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Independence Physician Management. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.