Effectively supervise Field Sales Representatives to ensure the customer has the right products at the right time in the right placement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Daily coordination of resources to support customer and sales projects.
- Communicate daily with direct reports, tracking sales progress and projects.
- Train and recruit Representative.
- Report observed trends and potential sales and or credit opportunities.
- Manages costs and expenses to align with budget.
- Conduct and coordinate store audits to assist sales with determining opportunities and identifying possible gaps.
- Coordinate the execution of plan-o-grams as implemented by the Account Manager or customer.
- Respond to customer issues or complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Work with store management to achieve maximum service quality and service levels.
- Provide reports and updates to Manager on customer specific projects or issues.
- Communicate with Manager and Account Manager to maintain customer satisfaction and achievement of goals.
- Participate in customer presentations, meetings and shows.
- Cross-train with other departments to better understand roles.
- Create a culture of service, integrity and support within the Field Sales department.
- Attends sales meetings as required
- Travel in the assigned area including overnights is required and occasional out of area meetings.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Associate Degree in related field or equivalent training and experience
- Valid driver's license necessary
- Auto insurance levels that meet state requirements
- Three (3) to five (5) years industry related experience
- System Implementation Preferred
- Strong knowledge of store layouts, plan-o-grams, customer service, and trends
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
- Solid computer skills, and the ability to use Microsoft office software
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day
- Drive to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products
- Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Chicago, Illinois, United States