Posted in Admin - Clerical 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgeport, Alabama
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
1. Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
2. While using a forklift, safely load or unload finished and raw materials to/from trucks and from the production line.
3. Safely operate department equipment including: truck restraint system; stretch wrap machine; banding machine; and cardboard waste disposal baler.
4. Must be able to read and understand shipping orders, then pull, stage, load, and check materials to ensure shipment of desired product.
5. Must be able to load and package railcars.
1. Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant and departmental safety rules and practices. Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
2. Computer skills needed for data entry, reporting and use of electronic scanning devices used in the shipping process.
3. Willingness to work any shift as required.
4. Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
5. Trained or have the ability to be trained in the safe operation of a forklift and all equipment associated with driving a forklift.