Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
BMC Mattress offers competitive benefits packages which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a company matching 401(k) retirement plan, a quarterly bonus plan, 10 paid holidays, paid vacation time and paid sick leave! Full time hours available.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will assist the Lead Delivery Driver with inspection of product and movement of product onto and off of the truck as needed.
- Will assist the Lead Delivery Driver with set up and installation in the Customer's home.
- May call the Customer while in route to establish an estimated time to the Customers home.
- Will assist with navigation during the delivery route using Dispatch Track.
- Will train in all aspects of the Lead Delivery Driver role and may fill in as Lead Delivery Driver as needed.
- Deliver a variety of product to different addresses and through different routes
- Follow routes and time schedule
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a 26' box truck
- Ask for feedback on provided services and assist in the resolution of customer complaints
- Complete logs and reports as part of normal responsibilities or as requested
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Ability to operate forklifts
- Strong ability to connect with customers, build trust, and foster relationships
- Flexibility in work schedule reflecting the needs and patterns of store hours
- Clear motor vehicle record
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with current software/computer systems, or the ability to learn those skills
Additional Skills Preferred
- Inventory Software
- Time Clock Systems
- Delivery Systems
- Word Processing Software
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Internet Software
Education and Experience(May have equivalent combination of education and experience)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
Regularly stands, sits, walks, reaches, talks/listens, use hands. Occasionally will stoop/kneel. Frequently lifts/moves 75+ pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Time management
- Oral and Written Communication
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BMC Mattress LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BMC Mattress LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BMC Mattress LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BMC Mattress LLC's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discipline..