Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for assisting in performing technical accounting research and providing guidance to accounting team/groups across the Company, preparing accounting white papers and memorandums as well as preparing certain disclosures for statutory filings (i.e., quarterly 10-Qs and 10-K). This position is also responsible for the maintenance of the LTIP database and will assist with stock compensation accounting. Participate in ad hoc projects as required.
* Perform accounting research and provide guidance on the requirements of new accounting standards as required. Prepare memorandums documenting the Companys accounting conclusions.
* Assist with providing guidance to finance and accounting teams with respect to new product launches / product offerings and related promotions by providing alternatives and guidance to maximize revenue while maintaining compliance with accounting requirements. Work closely with vertical leaders, legal counsel, and others as needed to provide guidance in the structuring of contracts, ensuring that revenue recognition-appropriate language is appropriate.
* Responsible for maintaining the LTIP database: on a monthly basis, prepare country specific detail files/reports and distribute to local CFOs, annually, review of tax department invoices for excess LTIP for stock options, coordinate worldwide booking of excess LTIP charges for stock options, calculates restricted stock entries and coordinate worldwide booking, monthly journal entries for stock compensation expense.
* Prepare annual stock compensation budget on a cost center level.
* Prepare certain disclosures for statutory filings (i.e., quarterly 10-Qs and 10-K).
* Provide stock compensation data for disclosures included in the Companys Annual Proxy.
* Assist with a review and update SOX 404 internal controls with respect to revenue recognition, leases, and other areas of accounting and ensure that testing of internal controls is successfully completed in a timely manner.
* Assist with identification and implementation of best practices within the organization, drive efficiencies in business and accounting processes.
* Work with the various business units to develop required business process changes and business requirements for implementation of accounting standard changes.
* Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required, Master's preferred, CPA preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* HIGH PROFICIENCY WITH TOOLS, SYSTEMS, AND PROCEDURES
* GOOD PLANNING/ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
* GOOD DECISION MAKING, ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS WITH ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK
* STRONG VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
* GOOD PRESENTATION AND PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS
* GOOD INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
* GOOD CONFLICT RESOLUTION SKILLS AND ABILITY TO DELIVER DIFFICULT MESSAGES
* ABILITY TO BUILD PARTNERSHIPS AT ALL LEVELS WITHIN THE COMPANY, BEGIN TO BUILD PARTNERSHIPS EXTERNALLY
* RESOLVE COMPLEX ISSUES IN EFFECTIVE WAYS
* KNOWLEDGE OF USGAAP
* STRONG ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND COMMUNICATE FINANCIAL CONCEPTS.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.