Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albany, New York
Your mission will be to support and collaborate with the Character Art department. You will use your eye for art and knowledge of 3D pipelines and packages, as well as engine integration process to receive incoming art, vet it for correct execution and make sure it is functioning in-game. Beyond this, assistant art tasks may be needed, like adjusting the work to bring it to quality, or as feedback comes in.
• This is a 1-year assignment with the possibility for extension.
• Work with the character team to export and set up character, creature, and prop assets in-game.
• Check character assets for correct PBR texture execution, shader set up, and mesh preparation for rigging. If needed, set up those shaders and separate or combine mesh components for export to game.
• Participate in team art reviews to experience the character pipeline and get familiar with the quality bar and technical needs.
• Provide notes to the Character Lead on incoming character models after evaluation.
• Implement assets into the game, and verify that they follow topological, memory, and performance guidelines.
• Help promote a great work environment within and outside of the team with a positive attitude and love of art and games.
• Communicate with our counterparts in Animation, Rigging, and QA.
• You possess the following:
• A foundational understanding of 3D game art pipelines, possibly with an interest in characters.
• Strong sense of organization and a task-oriented mindset
• The ability to create, or a strong understanding of making functional, game ready, assets using Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
• Experience creating realistic PBR textures using Substance Painter and Photoshop.
• Some experience with 3D game engines, Unreal, Unity, etc.
• Ability to learn new toolsets quickly and efficiently. We work with many different in-house and off the shelf tools.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience in game development or a strong foundation of study as a 3D Artist specializing in game development. Focused on either organic forms, hard surface modeling, or both.
In 2019, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 28th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We’ve worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Crash Bandicoot™, Destiny 2™, Skylanders™, Guitar Hero™, Marvel Ultimate Alliance™, Spider-Man™, and Tony Hawk™.
We thrive on a culture of teamwork, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in beautiful upstate New York, only a couple of hours from NYC, with access to all the Northeast has to offer