Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: TROY, Ohio
Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Information Technology Operations Specialist in our Troy, Ohio facility.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
• Ensure 24-hour manufacturing shop floor hardware and network up time.
• Perform preventative maintenance on shop floor hardware equipment.
• Responsible for installation, upgrading and troubleshooting of personal computers.
• Manage user expectations and follow up on a consistent and timely basis.
• Assist other IT Operations Specialists where appropriate.
• Maintain general industry knowledge of desktop and network products relative to Clopay’s environment and technology direction.
• Be proactive in reading and gaining understanding of “new technology” and its potential within Clopay.
• Follow all standards and methods for Information Technology, architectures and product use.
• Assist in the evaluation of new software packages and hardware components as required.
• High School diploma required.
• Minimum 3 years experience with desktop, hardware, and network support and relevant products.
• Working knowledge of use and configuration of networking operating environments supported by Clopay (Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems networking technologies).
• Working knowledge of base software desktop configuration supported within Clopay (spreadsheet, word processing, data base applications, and operating systems.).
• Working knowledge in the setup and support of base hardware configurations supported within Clopay.
• Ability to work in production environment, regularly required to walk, climb stairs, bend and lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
• Understanding of technical architecture and components within the Clopay network.
• General knowledge of business information flow and data transfer in the desktop/network environment.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance. Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled!