Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
State & Local Tax Manager Career Site Location RI, Providence
Req ID 8785
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ & MHM New England, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PRIMARY DUTIES
* Expand revenue of existing clients
* Responsible for short-term and long-term business planning; identify business opportunities for CBIZ in addition to their individual practice
* Manage practice effectively meeting billing, realization, days outstanding and individual charge hour objectives
* May be required to meet business development revenue expectations by adding new clients, cross serve activity and fully executing personal marketing plan
* Serve as key client contact; viewed as trusted business advisor by clients
* Ensure quality control standards are met
* May work directly with clients and manage staff
* May be internal advisor on technical matters as a Subject Matter Expert
* May be a member of the Senior Operations Management Team
* Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and builds a positive culture
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* 5 years experience, CPA or JD, preferably from a Big 4 or similar environment,
* Focused on SALT including income / franchise, sales/use, with intermediate level skills in other SALT areas (property, payroll, etc.)
* Experience / interest in another area of the tax law is a plus (i.e. international, federal, R&D, etc),
* Experience with a variety of SALT areas including income / franchise, sales / use, and property tax a must,
* Experience with a variety of SALT areas including income / franchise, sales / use, and property tax a must
* Strong subject matter experience in one area of SALT, along with abilities across multiple areas
* Proven professional adept at providing SALT solutions both to internal clients, as well as external clients
* Strong ability to juggle multiple tasks, with complete attention to detail,
* Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to manage client relationships,
* Strong technical ability including research, writing and critical thinking to determine client solutions,
* Ability to handle a variety of projects and situations including state tax exams focusing on income/franchise, and sales/use tax,
* Strong project manager and communicator, comfortable leading client / technical situations.
* Strong researcher, with proven analytical and writing skills
* Proven team player with the ability to grow those coming up the ranks
* Strong project manager and future leader, with experience in finding solutions
* Able to bring solutions internally, building and creating tools that will support the future growth of various SALT solutions practice wide
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
* 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
* 3 years supervisory experience
* Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
* Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
* Proficient use of applicable technology
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Financial Services
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
* Back Share