Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair, oiling, and lubricating trucks, Caterpillar and equipment at remote construction sites in arctic conditions.
* Support a Zero Incident Culture.
* Operate and inspect machines, vehicles and/or heavy duty equipment to diagnose defects.
* Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
* Perform corrective maintenance on vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
* Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
* Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance.
* Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
* Routinely perform safety and productivity observations, shop, field, vehicle and equipment. Regularly attend various technical, developmental and safety training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of repairs to mobile and non-mobile equipment Knowledge of machine tools
* Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
* Ability to troubleshooting including ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
* Ability to correctly use software of manufactures equipment for diagnosing equipment faults. (Caterpillar, Cummins, Ford, Perkins, John Deere)
* Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
* Knowledge of the principals of lubrication
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
* Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively with fellow workers and alternate
* Ability to demonstrate adherence to established safety policies and procedures
* Ability to demonstrate support for the companys environmental management system
PHYSICAL DEMAND/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
* Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles with one hand x 2 with a 12 second intervalLift 40 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second intervals
* Lift 40 lbs from floor to crown x 5, with 12 second intervals
* Carry: Carry 35 lbs with two hands for 50 feet x 2. Self-paced, but continuous. (Allow a 60 second rest break between carry tests.)
* Push horizontally at waist level 86 lbs peak force (e.g., Peak push force to move tool cart 50 feet) Stairs: Climb up and down 15 steps per flight x 10 for a total of 150 steps. Self-paced, continuous. Allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down each set of 50 steps.)
* Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 10 rungs x 6 for a total of 60 rungs. Self-paced, but continuous. (Allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down 30 rungs.) Repetitive Kneeling Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee
* Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 5, self-paced, but continuous
* Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5 Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively
* Minimum four (4) years of experience repairing or maintaining Caterpillar heavy equipment
* Valid driver's license and the ability to be covered by Worley's auto insurer
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED)