Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Unified Brands is a leader in professional foodservice equipment design, manufacturing and service. With an extensive portfolio of premium branded product lines to include Groen, Randell, Avtec, A la Cart and Power Soak, Unified Brands offers foodservice operators the essential equipment needed to support the varied menus of today's commercial kitchens. With an emphasis on custom fabrication and comprehensive foodservice preparation solutions, Unified Brands is a single source for cooking equipment, Sous Vide/cook-chill production, refrigeration, ventilation, utility distribution, conveyor, continuous motion washing, and meal delivery systems - with the ease of a single integrated business platform for sales, support, service, manufacturing and business operations.
POSITION: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE MANAGER DEPARTMENT: MANUFACTURING
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT DIVISION: OPERATIONS
EEOC CLASS: 6-CRAFT WORKERS APPROVED:
DATE: DECEMBER 2018
MAINTENANCE TECH I IS THE FIRST WORKING LEVEL IN THE SUCCESSION. TECH I'S SAFELY PERFORM MORE ROUTINE TASKS INDEPENDENTLY AND RECEIVES CLOSER SUPERVISION WHEN ASSISTING IN MORE COMPLEX MAINTENANCE TASKS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Perform a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
* Performs minor electrical maintenance and testing to include but not limited to replacement of repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, sockets, fuses, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
* Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, etc.).
* Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems, involving work of a varied nature with minimum supervision but under the guidance of Maintenance Tech II or above.
* Troubleshoot equipment using a variety of diagnostic tools.
* Responsible for correcting identified safety issues.
* Complete preventative maintenance in compliance with Unified Brands standards.
* Support manufacturing with regard to meeting safety, quality, and delivery and performance initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Assure repairs and guards are in compliance with OSHA requirements and proper lock-out tag out procedures are performed at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Basic knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, industrial electrical systems, HVAC systems, and lighting systems.
* Basic understanding and troubleshooting of PLC and controls.
* Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
* Experience in welding, fabrication, pipe fitting, and ability to work at raised heights.
* Must be able to complete work assignments with minimum supervision.
* Must be a team player, safety minded and customer service oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Prior maintenance experience or equivalent position using the knowledge, abilities and skills listed above or completed training programs focusing on the same.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company's attendance and punctuality standards.
12 - 33%
34 - 66%
67 - 100%
- Plant manufacturing environment and outdoor environment.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of team members so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.