LEASING CONSULTANT I
at GHA SERVICES INC
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Adelphi, Maryland
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Welcome and tour prospects, qualify, determine wants and needs, professionally present community and specific apartments/condominiums while providing features and benefits.
- Proactively manage leads, document tours and complete all leasing paperwork.
- Ensure the entire tour route is in perfect condition.
- Walk rent readies and check on the status of the vacant units to ensure there is a suitable number of rent ready units and partially accessorized mini model units.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to the Manager for marketing property and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly whether it is a prospect call or a resident call.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude and promote good will among prospects, residents, coworkers and contractors.
- Address resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Receive telephone calls and in-person visits. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out. Make sure every attempt is made to save a potential move-out.
- Conduct periodic inspections with residents upon move-in/move-out.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Ensure the entire tour route to all common area, outdoor recreational facilities, landscaping, laundry room, parking areas, etc. are in perfect condition.
- Greet and tour prospective new residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits; close the sale.
- Understand how to incorporate the revenue management software into the sales presentation.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Please note that the majority of prospects conduct their housing searches on the weekends and as such working weekends is expected.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent certification required.
- At least two years of leasing experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience, leasing and/or sales experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with prospective residents.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team setting and set goals.
- 1 - 3 years: Property Management/Leasing
See job description