Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery. JOB OVERVIEW
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Provided technical support, engineering assistance, and guidance in manufacturing techniques, equipment design and operation, and the debugging of sophisticated mechanical and electrical and electronic systems.
* Skilled in the evaluation of manufacturing requirements, flow, time and motion, safety and ergonomics.
* Prepared capital equipment justifications, evaluations on production, design reviews and studies, cost reduction systems, and technical responsibilities.
* Purchased materials, supplies and production machinery.
* Successfully manage projects.
* Create and maintain process planning instruction sheets, routers and rework instructions.
* Design, Redesign process planning and tooling to reduce cost and increase production.
* Interpret engineering drawings and facilitate correction of errors on drawings and documents.
* Successfully train operators in proper methods and usage of tooling, fixtures and machines.
* Effectively support the production floor as needed.
* Review engineering specifications to maintain knowledge of manufacturing methods, processes and activities.
* Confer with engineering, quality control, manufacturing, and other departments to provide technical support.
* Recommend and Incorporate Engineer Design Changes reducing cost and increasing production.
* Aggressively investigate reports of defective or damaged parts to determine nature and scope of problem.
* Carefully inspect defective parts for nonconformance to engineering design.
* Initiate root cause analysis and perform mistake proofing.
* Design both simple and complex tools, gages, and fixtures to support production.
* Manage the uploading of saving project into system
* Apply Problem Solving methods to improve quality and output.
* Participate in quality and lean manufacturing Kaizen events.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation