Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
REMOTE OPPORTUNITY - MIDWEST preferred
What you will do
The Global Supplier Quality Engineer monitors, evaluates, selects, and applies standard quality engineering principles and techniques to assigned business problems. Ensures that the results meet established needs and goals.
How you will do it
1. Facilitate deployment of global supplier metrics across supply base.
2. Support product engineering teams and the resolution of top warranty issues and in the application of advanced statistical analysis, problem solving techniques and Quality tools.
3. Facilitate utilization of APQP with manufacturing and engineering organizations supporting supplier related activities.
4. Develop Supplier Engagement Schedules in conjunction with Procurement Strategies, Product Group, and Mfg. Operations requirements. Perform On-Site Assessments and Annual Re-qualifications per defined schedules as directed by Global Supplier Quality Leadership.
5. Responsible for validating and verifying corrective actions within the supply base.
6. Act as a liaison between Procurement and Product group leadership to support supplier warranty and quality initiatives including cost recovery.
7. Develop supplier quality roadmaps leading to improved supplier performance metrics.
8. Supports plants in supplier quality issues and drives corrective actions with the suppliers.
9. Facilitate the application of problem solving techniques in all supplier quality aspects.
10. Support the PDP (Production Development Process) process through implementation of Supplier Safe Launch, PAPSO and participation in Project teams.
11. Lead and manage cross functional project teams using standard project management techniques to drive toward corrective and preventive actions.
12. Train key suppliers and project team members in critical competencies necessary for project realization.
What we look for