Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
40 Waterview Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
The Product Manager is responsible for the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans for assigned product lines in order to meet sales, profit and other financial objectives. Identifies product extensions, changes and improvements for existing products, and provides guidance in the innovation, definition, development and introduction of new products. Recommends high level strategies and advises management of market place trends affecting market strategies. In conjunction with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales, Management develops business plans for product lines which will meet financial performance and business objectives. This is a high visibility position that will interface with all levels within the organization. The individual must be highly analytical, organized, tactically oriented and posses excellent communication and leadership skills. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides leadership for assigned product lines by establishing annual marketing plans, product development program management, capacity forecasts and financial operating plans.
2. Is recognized as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for assigned product lines, providing support and education for all stake holders including field sales, channel partners and customers.
3. Maintains close working relationships with Sales, distributor partners and customers to identify new opportunities and to grow sales of existing products.
4. Monitors sales and field reports, pricing levels, competition and proposals pertaining to responsible product area.
5. Monitors manufacturing costs versus standards and/or budgets and forecasts, giving recommendations for cost improvements.
6. Forecasts and communicates major changes in capacity requirements so Operations can plan accordingly.
7. Analyzes product life cycles and recommends redesign or improvement of existing products to increase sales and/or profitability.
8. Stays abreast of technological advances to develop a competitive strategy to enhance market position, new applications for products, and modifications to improve flexibility and customer appeal. Ability to learn about assigned technology areas to understand and communicate program needs.
9. Establishes effective communication channels and working relationships at all levels to provide pertinent, timely and accurate information and ensure effective performance of related product line functions. Has experience in making presentations to all levels of the organization successfully communicating complex issues and business cases.
10. Responsible for keeping management informed of the progress, status and direction of assigned product lines and projects, including overall trends in the marketplace in order to develop product strategies.
11. Develops and implements a marketing strategy for assigned product lines that includes promotions, marketing collateral, merchandising and alternate channels to market.
12. Supports sales efforts by participating in a variety of training events, trade shows, market development programs and industry association committees.
13. Develops, tracks and drives new product development, redesign and product modification efforts by managing cross functionally activities through the organization and communicates requirements and issues effectively.
14. Actively participates in sales and operations planning. Uses financial forecasts as the basis for developing demand, inventory and production plans.
Skills and Experience
* Provides leadership for assigned product lines.
* Primary point of contact and subject matter expert for assigned product lines, providing support and education for all stake holders
* Demonstrated experience leading successful teams through influencing skills
* Demonstrated skill at consensus building
* Demonstration of strong skill in verbal and written communications
* Minimum of 5 years experience in the electrical industry
* Proficient with all MS Office tools and ERP navigation. SAP experience a plus
Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Engineering General
Masters Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.