Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
Barnes Aerospace - Ogden, UT is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. We are looking for a self-starting, self-motivated candidate who can help drive process improvements and productivity on the shop floor as well as support estimating activity for business development. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes and be familiar with ERP systems in order to gather historical data for cost analysis. If you are an action-oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
* Research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts.
* Oversee the application of engineering support activities in the preparation for production of customer parts
* Plan, organize and direct the activities of the internal/external services and design activities as required to meet timelines and budget constraints
* Establish and implements process controls
* Ensure all manufacturing processes(i.e. welding, heat treat, braze, vacuum furnace, NDT, laser, EDM, etc.) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental regulations
* Ensure that all manufacturing processes produce the highest quality and most cost effective parts
* Assist in responding to customer Request for Quotes (RFQ's)
* Work concurrently with sales, manufacturing, and quality to assist with technical needs
* Develop new processes and revise existing processes to facilitate the improvement of production effectiveness
* Support company policy, procedures, and safety policies
* Work with Engineering Manager on implementation of new/revised policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Minimum three (3) years of aerospace industry experience preferred with process engineering experience in basic manufacturing operations, machining, forming, welding, brazing and/or heat treat
* Lean manufacturing experience
* Proven track record of scheduling and organizational skills in order to complete assigned functions
* Proficient at reading, analyzing and interpreting customer drawings, specifications, procedures and standards
* Proficient with computer systems and basic software; experience with CAD
* Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, including internal and external
* Must be able to manage multiple projects and manage established deadlines
* Bachelor's degree in related engineering discipline
Enthusiastic : Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Thought Provoking : Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player : Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert : Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented : Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
3 year:Aerospace Industry
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.