Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
Join the Walmart and Sam's Club team as a Shopper Insights Senior Manager and take on the opportunity to partner with a passionate Sales team and a customer that values and leverages consumer insights to their fullest!
In this role you will play a key role in anticipating and uncovering compelling insights about the shopper, the customer and marketplace. Through this work you'll have the unique opportunity to influence strategy and selling opportunities through prescriptive recommendations that drive growth.
Key capabilities and experiences you'll build in this role include:
* Foresight: Access and ability to influence a thought leading customer & GMI's biggest retail partner
* Leadership & Impact: Member of GMI Walmart/Sam's leadership team and frequent interaction with Customer leadership
* People Development: Responsible for managing and developing two direct reports
* Sales Empathy and Expertise: Valued cross functional player in GMI's Walmart Business Center in Rogers, Arkansas
* Know the Walmart/Sam's shopper better than anyone
* Build differential, insight driven stories that proactively identify growth opportunities
* Convert insights into prescriptive strategies and actions that enable selling opportunities
* Champion insight fueled JBPs, Top 2 Tops, Innovation & Category Reviews and Customer interactions
* Build trust with GMI and Customer teams through authentic, transparent partnership and strong accountability to results.
* Grow and Inspire a team of two direct reports
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Market Research or related
* 5+ years experience in industry (CPG, Retail)
* Strong command of primary and syndicated toolkit - and ability to synthesize simple, compelling story
* Proven ability to work in agile environment; self starter
* Positive track record working with cross functional team and building effective relationships
* Strong, clear communicator with all levels; comfortable presenting to senior leadership
* Position is at GMI's Walmart/Sam's office in Rogers, AR
* Minimum travel (2-3 trips/year to MSP/MGO)
* People management experience
* Desire to work in dynamic environment with a customer and customer team that wants to lead and win
* Previous exposure to Walmart/Sam's
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.