Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Peck, Michigan
Job ID: 15674
Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
• Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collet, or tool post).
• Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
• Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
• Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns hand wheel to feed tool to workpiece or vice versa, and engages feed.
• Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and workpiece.
• Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
• Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
• Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools such as welding machines and flame-cutting equipment.
• Adhere to safety and company policies and procedures.
• Complete all on-the-job training and other required training as assigned.
• Perform all duties and task in accordance with work instructions, quality standards and company policies.
• Record, measure, or report results and take corrective actions when needed.
• Communicate with others, supervisors and managers in a professional and respectful manner.
• Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions.
• Maintain work area clean and free of clutter.
• Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS include the following:
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
• Ability to follow workplace safety standards.
• Excellent interpersonal skills under stressful situations.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at an acceptable level. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. If possible reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform certain functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum high school diploma/GED. Minimum six months previous relevant work experience in a machine/manufacturing environment preferred. Vocational or technical certification helpful.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, in English. Have the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, colleagues and members of the business community when required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: None.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Able to calculate figures and amounts such as basic mathematics.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define basic problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible reasonable accommodations may be made which would enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include but are not limited to: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. When required, must be able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs and up to 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot or cold or humid.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.