Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cryptologic Carry-on Program (CCOP), a full lifecycle systems provider, demonstrated SPAWAR's ability to rapidly respond to emerging threats. CCOP's family of systems are scalable to platform, reconfigurable to mission, modular (plug and play) and dynamically reprogrammable to support new threats. By using CCOP, the Navy has the ability to field innovative capabilities to respond to emerging threats within 10 days of notification. CCOP's wide range of capabilities include engineering support, software development, integration, testing, technical writing, Cybersecurity (administration, policy and engineering), production, technical support, warehousing, drafting, repair and management.
* Work under minimal supervision integrating products and capabilities into the CCOP family of systems
* Focus on the rapid deployment of systems and capabilities that are comprised of Linux, Windows, storage, networking, physical servers and virtualization
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the system security configuration of Windows or Linux devices residing on physical platforms and within a virtualized environment (VMWare)
* Evaluate and design servers
* Configure, manage, and troubleshoot issues
* Server Security Hardening
* Perform security scans to assess the systems and implement counter measures utilizing ACAS/Nessus, DISA STIG Benchmarks and DISA SRGs
* Research, recommend and implement security solutions
* Integrate systems with COTS/GOTS software and appliances
* System design integration planning
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. [*MON *CB]
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* As the CCOP project migrates towards a DevOps/DevSecOps environment, the candidate will need the capability to quickly learn new technologies as they integrate into CCOP systems
* TS/SCI Clearance required
* DoD 8570 compliant (Security+ or greater)
* A minimum of five years' experience configuring and managing Linux Operating Systems or Windows Operating Systems
* A minimum of five years' experience with cyber security hardening and assessment tools to include STIGs, ACAS, Nessus and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
* Possess developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely
* Employ technical writing techniques
* Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
* Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision
* A person who is open to new ideas
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant field
* Strong IT Security background / Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CAP, ISSEP, CEH)
* Linux+ / RHCSA / MCSA / MCSE certification is a plus
* Scripting (Bash, Shell, Python, PowerShell) experience
* Experience with Windows and VMWare technologies is a plus
* Automation of system configuration (kickstart, cobbler, WDS, Foreman, Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt, PowerShell)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TS/SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled