Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Rafael, California
Tesla Motors is looking for a Paint Prepper to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position will involve supporting the Body Repair and Service Program in all aspects.
* Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
* Assist painter in pre-paint blending needs.
* Work with paint team to assist in keeping vehicle on track for scheduled delivery time.
* Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
* Buff and wax the finished paintwork.
* Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
* Detail vehicles ready for delivery to customers
* Prior experience in vehicle paint process
* I-CAR certifications preferred
* Ability to receive directions and work well with others
* Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Must be at least 18 years of age
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.