Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Panama City, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
GULF COAST REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, Florida. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an \\"A\\" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The ER Tech provides quality care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse and performs clerical and receptionist duties.
* Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of basic patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs and intake and output.
* Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
* Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
* Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
* Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts and medication orders.
* Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
* Demonstrates an understanding of patients' charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
* Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
* Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the notification reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
* Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies. These supplies can include items that contain a medication.
* Transports emergently needed medications from the pharmacy to the nursing staff, with the exception of narcotics.
* May have access to the medication room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non-scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Graduate of an accredited CNA or EMT program PREFERRED.
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification PREFERRED.
* BLS REQUIRED at hire.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Experience commensurate with unit standards
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders.
* Knowledge of body substance isolation.
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners' needs.
* Basic computer skills
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.