Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
We are looking for a Contractor - Senior Software Engineer to join an agile engineering project to help automate and streamline the process of source code management, code inspection, software build and release operations and SQA test automation infrastructure and audits. The role will support roll out of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process for the project. This position will be in our Gaithersburg, Maryland office. Hughes is revolutionizing the way communications systems are designed and built. Hughes has been selected to participate in the cutting-edge development of a new communications network leveraging existing Hughes expertise combined with a new state-of-the-art network design. Join us to become part of the driving force in satellite communications bringing your unique set of skills and experience applied to our fast paced agile development project.
* Create, modify and maintain build and release definitions for project s products
* Collaborates with project team and partners on process and policy improvements
* Continuously support and improve CI/CD pipeline tools, process and procedures.
* Ensure project compliance to applicable security controls required by NIST 800-171
* Debug issues with file branching, check-ins and check outs in CM control system
* Lead on ongoing design, implementation and maintenance of systems and tools for release and CI/CD.
* 3+ years of direct relevant technical experience of CI/CD projects, tools and processes
* 3+ years expertise or experience using configuration management tool such as Clearcase or GIT (preferred)
* 3+ years hands-on experience of using automation tools such as Jenkins and pipeline tools such as Artifactory
* 3+ years experience auditing and enforcing security controls and SQA standards on a project
* Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical discipline
* US Citizenship Required
* Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience working with and deploying to AWS or other cloud offerings
* Experience with Unix shell scripting languages such as Bash and Python
* Knowledge of containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
* Knowledge of automation frameworks such as Ansible
* Experience working in a medium sized agile project environment (Atlassian too chain a plus)
* Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.