Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
Clearwater, FL (26812 US Highway 19N)
Customer Service - Front Office
General Position Summary:
At MedExpress, we seek considerate and driven individuals in our neighborhood medical centers to exceed patient expectations every day. Having energized and friendly front office assistants is essential to delivering quality care and creating success in our centers. As a front office assistant, you will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. If you're a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we'd love for you to join our team!
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and lives our values of being Genuine, Caring, Friendly .
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and shows an understanding of audience needs.
* Make each customer feel informed, understood, and special through genuine and positive communication. Acts as an effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Embraces the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Assist in opening and closing the center, locking and unlocking the doors, and maintaining a clean waiting area.
* Welcome all MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendly demeanor.
* Assist in patient care coordination, such as answering any questions and directing them through the registration process.
* Answer multi-phone lines and direct patients accordingly, whether that is answering questions or transferring to management or clinical staff.
* Perform callbacks to past patients for follow-up and ensure a positive patient experience.
* Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, and post-patient balances.
* Assist with clerical duties such as filing, faxing, and scanning documentation.
* Discharge patients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses.
* Collect payment for medications and distribute those once filled (if applicable).
* Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures.
This role will interact with employees of the Field Operations Teams and other center staff employees on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalency (GED) required.
* 1 year of prior customer service OR experience in a medical office setting required.
* Though not required, an understanding of occupational medicine and insurance verification is helpful.
* Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
* Knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records required.
* Excellent communication skills must be able to communicate with patients as well as medical staff.
* Ability to follow OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
* Competitive salaries and benefits
* Flexibility and balance
* Development opportunities
* Appreciation and recognition
* Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.