Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for an Procurement Financial Analyst. The Procurement Financial Analyst supports the activities of the Procurement department by owning the collection, cleansing, analysis, and summarizing of data for indirect and direct spend categories, including Travel and Expense. The Analyst will support the execution of Procurement business plans, partner with and support the needs of functional business owners, and provide inputs to the creation of policies and processes. This individual will be responsible for generating monthly reporting and analysis for both Travel and Expense and Procurement. This position requires a strong technical skill set and a process-oriented mindset with a drive for continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Generate suite of Travel and Expense compliance reports monthly for each department, including analysis of areas that need improvement.
* Create new Travel and Expense reports in Concur Cognos in support of continually evolving business requirements.
* Create Procurement reports from SAP, including analysis of spend and savings.
* Provide negotiation support to category managers. Support analysis and evaluation of complex bid award scenarios. Determine savings calculations and forecasts. Perform scenarios and sensitivity analysis to obtain consensus from internal stakeholders and leadership.
* Support Procurement leadership in all data requests. Use analytic techniques to support procurement projects.
* Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement and monitor cost savings as well as working capital improvements using the tracking tools in place.
* Identify gaps in policies, processes and procedures leading to incorrect data, propose solutions, and lead cross functional teams to execute proposed solutions.
* Other tasks as needed to support the organization.
Percentage of Travel: Less than 10%
Physical Demands: Light physical effort. Routine handling of objects up to 20 pounds; prolonged (at least 50% of time) sitting, standing, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
* Bachelor s degree and 5-8 years relevant experience, preferably as a financial or operations analyst required. Experience in Travel and Expense, Procurement, or Supply Chain a plus.
* Cognos, SAP, Concur, MS Office.
Working experience developing reports and dashboards using Cognos is highly desired. * Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF formulas) is required.
* Strong analytic and deductive reasoning skills.
* Ability to think strategically and apply data & analysis to business needs/solutions.
* Proven ability to communicate business rationale to internal and external counterparts.
* Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional departments.
* Ability to assess process design and recommend improvements.
* Organization skills, including flexibility, thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to influence others in various departments.
* Ability to multi-task and execute a large volume of work quickly and efficiently.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing..