Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Warn Automotive is a world leader in driveline disconnect technology. Our heritage comes from making WWII surplus Jeeps easier to drive on the road with the first unlocking hubs. We continue today by making disconnects for cars, trucks, and SUVs around the world. These trusted technologies come from years of innovation and listening to our customer's needs. We have a bright future ahead so come join our growing team at Warn Automotive.
Warn Automotive believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing our mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures, protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and others.
Under close supervision, performs routine and simple tasks in support of assembly, other process operations, or production testing as an integral part of ensuring that we manufacture, produce and provide the highest quality product possible.
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
* Perform assembly duties as assigned using standard procedures, tools, materials, machines and equipment in a fast-paced work environment while meeting all established production expectations and deadlines.
* Follow well-established guidance from specified process instructions, blueprints, and communicated instructions from other team members.
* Implement the Quality Policy and Procedures in all aspects of daily duties and responsibilities, including evaluating unusual vs. ideal and usual quality based on finished product sound, vibration, temperature, operation and appearance. Inspect parts and products to detect and identify potential defects, anomalies, surface quality non-conformities, and other forms of observable physical or structural product quality deficiencies using personal observations in conjunction with inspection, measuring and calibration devices.
* Utilize designated manual tools, power tools and other provided equipment to build sub-assemblies and mount components and parts to assemblies.
* Collaborate with Warn leadership and team members during team meetings, system reviews, safety meetings, and other forms of problem-solving discussions to further define and improve department strategies designed to meet and exceed quality objectives. Participate meaningfully in Warn safety activities like R3, Safety Committees, Safety checklist/audits, team Safety projects, etc., as directed or requested.
* Serve as a role model for and mentor less experienced or new assemblers on assembly process, responsible and efficient time management, commitment to exceeding quality and production expectations, professional and respectful communication, and safe work habits. Train other assemblers on process and procedure as directed and provide necessary follow-up and guidance to achieve professional development objectives.
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals while actively demonstrating accountability and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measureable results. Special projects and assignments may include, but are not limited to, (a) rotating through all stations of assembly within the assigned team to provide necessary support and coverage as directed, as well as an assignment to rotate to another team as required to meet production requirements, (b) writing or updating training manuals, and/or (c) offering input during Warn selection process.
* Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, customers, vendors, visitors and others with whom we may work or interact. Contribute to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization's strategic goals.
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions of this position, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site.
Approximately 40 hours / week may be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position may also require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends. Overtime may be scheduled and required to meet departmental needs.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* No experience required; demonstrated mechanical aptitude preferred.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Ability to present information in a manner designed to educate or inform other team members and customers in one-on-one or group interactions as directed.
* Ability to review, comprehend, interpret, process and evaluate effectively written work instructions and procedures written in English, prints, specs and diagrams, and tool gauges, measuring devices and inspection tools in conjunction with the performance of the essential functions and other assigned job duties.
* Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills including ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, rational and respectful demeanor and communication style in times of stress occasioned by work demands, tight timelines, heavy production expectations, unexpected quality control issues, and other work-related issues or concerns that may cause a heightened level of anxiety, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion, etc.
* Enthusiastic adoption and consistent demonstration of Warn Automotives' Core Values: Never Compromise Trust; Honesty; Partner with Customers; Commitment; Teamwork; Personal Development; and Lead by Example.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.