Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Verisign, a global leader in domain name registry services and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the world’s most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce. The Director of Network Operations will provide strategic leadership to a team of managers and engineers focused on project implementation, sustaining engineering and operational support for the Verisign network infrastructure. This role is a technical leadership role that will help define the operational requirements to meet the company’s goals for maintaining reliability and availability of all Verisign products.
• Manages multiple teams responsible for maintaining network standards, security compliance, deployment and operational support for the Verisign network.
• Represents network teams on daily standups for change management. This role will be the face of the network organization in areas of compliance, incident management, capacity planning, project delivery.
• Communicates with customers and peer organizations regarding maintenance needs, platform capabilities and service degradations.
• Develops roadmap for compliance against standards and Industry best practices. Provide input to re-engineer network components as needed.
• The Director will provide updates to senior level management and executives on a regular basis on project milestones and key operational metrics.
• Performs goal setting for the team and align toward company and departmental goals.
• Works collaboratively with the information security organization to assist in the detection and mitigation of security events.
• Works collaboratively with other operations and architecture groups to implement standards and best practices and redesigns and re-engineers network components as needed.
• The candidate should have experience developing network management tools to analyze traffic characteristics, assess network and device health, and implementing tool interoperability.
The Director of Network Operations will provide strategic leadership to a team of managers and engineers focused on project implementation, sustaining engineering and operational support for the Verisign network infrastructure. This role is a technical leadership role that will help define the operational requirements to meet the company’s goals for maintaining reliability and availability of all Verisign products.
• Bachelors Degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience, Graduate degree preferred
• 12+ years performing Network Architecture/Engineering management roles for large mission-critical environment. Should have exposure to fast-paced work culture with emphasis on maintaining 100% uptime for critical services
• The candidate must be well versed with modern Internet routing architectures, including BGP, DWDM, VxLAN, GRE tunneling and VPN technologies. Must also be familiar with traditional datacenter architectures and associated protocols, including 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1d, 802.1w, 802.1s, pvst+ and 802.3af
• Preferred: The candidate should have experience dealing with multi-vendor solutions including Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Palo Alto and CheckPoint
• The candidate should have a fundamental knowledge of DNS protocol and associated technologies
• Four or more years managing two or more small teams, with as many as 15 engineers between them