Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Business Analyst-10208
JOB ID: 3662
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
52 Washington St., Room 323 North Rensselaer, NY 12144
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
This resource is critical to continue creating business requirements for Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare in New York State. This includes supporting needed development of data structures and extractions that are necessary for the continued support of Local Districts of Social Services (LDSSs) and Federal Reporting. Reporting include AFCARS, NCANDS, CFSR and Casework Contacts Federal Reporting where gaps carry substantial penalties.
1. Write SQL scripts to extract and analyze juvenile justice child welfare data to assist creating requirements.
2. Elicit and collect necessary information and create business requirement documents.
3. Data extraction and programming to investigate issues associated with reporting.
4. Write and maintain COGNOS reports.
5. Apply understanding of child welfare and juvenile justice.
1. 84 Months experience with all phases of business operations report specifications development including creating business requirements documentations (BRDs), report mock ups, flow charts, and acceptance testing for business intelligence tools to design report, data analysis, or Dashboards for operational reporting business solutions.
2. 84 Months experience in quality assurance testing of reports, SQL, PL/SQL, bug tracking and development of user acceptance documents for reports.
3. 72 Months experience using SQL for business user report development, testing, and analytics.
4. 72 Months lead BA experience
5. 36 Months experience in Cognos Business Intelligence tools or Data Analytics background.
6. 72 Months experience working with large data sets (e.g., 20,000,000 plus records).
7. Bachelor s Degree
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.