Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: ROMULUS, Michigan
If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
Job Req Number: 24071
Primary duty is the management of daily operations of Import and Export departments, both Air and Ocean, requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. Organize department to ensure excellent customer service and maintain profitability. Set, appraise, and measure individual and team performance standards and productivity. Manage staff development of department through active recruitment, training, and quality management activities. Provide proactive customer service for all clients handled by department. Perform all duties correctly, cost-efficiently and within Company standards. Report to Branch Manager.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide responsible supervision and control for all department activities.
* Work with branch manager to establish long- and short-term business plans, objectives, and goals for department.
* Manage profitability and growth of department. Review and reconcile all management and financial reports for department. Work with the Branch Manager to prepare and analyze financial reports, budgets, expense reports, and forecasts for department.
* Manage periodic process reviews for each client. Maintain performance statistics.
* Manage staff development through recruitment and training efforts.
* Appraise worker productivity and performance by conducting performance reviews for all staff within department, with respect to recommending promotions or other status changes.
* Investigate and resolve all employee performance problems promptly and in direct accordance with the Human Resources policies of the Company.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, such as Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
* Effectively manage any issues that arise within scope of responsibility.
* Identify and communicate to Branch Manager any unresolved issues or risks before they materially impact the Company.
* Work closely with other departments to deliver a high level of service to customers.
* Develop relevant metrics to measure department performance.
* May be required to train new employees in systems, at branch.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Communicate with clients, coworkers, and supervisors in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
* Lead and manage Export team through influence and persuasion.
* Collaborate closely with regional and local staff to coordinate department activities.
* Provide proper guidance and coaching to teams.
* Deliver results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time.
* Lead resolution of difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics.
* Maintain a high degree of motivation in team to retain focus on providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
* Provide ongoing growth and development opportunities for team members.
* Provide input for team member performance reviews on a regular basis.
* Work well in a complex matrix organization.
* Work well in a global environment where client business can span multiple continents
* Work effectively via phone, fax, email, and web conference.
JOB SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
* Excellent verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required, as work includes extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the export process.
* Excellent written communication skills to compose complex letters and email regarding logistics problems and proposed resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity.
* Excellent math skills along with an accounting background in areas of pricing, cash management, expense control, financial reports, budgets, and forecasting are required.
* The ability to organize, prepare, and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
* The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing and spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs as applicable.
* The ability to analyze complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for clients.
* The ability to deal effectively in a supervisory capacity, using tact, diplomacy, and negotiation skills. Proven effective supervisory skills in the area of staffing, training, and succession planning are required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Emerging track record driving dramatic revenue growth
* Demonstrated strategic thinking skills
* Excellent creative problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent judgment and initiative
* Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills
* Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills
* Excellent relationship building skills
* Excellent listener
* Politically adept
* Demonstrated ability to work in a complex matrix environment must work well across multiple units across the company
* Both a team builder and a team player
* Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks ability to work across many accounts, projects, and/or issues and prioritize effectively
* Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
* High Integrity
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent required.
* A minimum of eight years increasingly responsible international transportation industry experience preferred.
DSV Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com
PRINT LOCAL SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE ON LINKEDIN SEND AS EMAIL
Why DSV READ THE REASONS
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.