Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
Senior Claims Representative
Long Term Care Claims is transforming and with transformation comes the potential for constant change. You will support our customer centric culture as a customer advocate by proactively providing accurate and timely information in order for the customer to be fully informed during the claims process. You will, as a member of the Payment Servicing Team, partner closely with the Eligibility and Contact Center teams to provide an extraordinary claims experience for our customers.
You will work in a fast -paced environment across multiple products, ensuring claims handling follows policy provisions, internal guidelines, and Compliance requirements and will be responsible for the processing and payment of long-term care claims.
We operate daily with integrity and character to achieve outstanding results.
* Through the use of critical thinking and problem solving, you will make claim decisions and process transactions based on the claimant's policy and other information provided.
* To ensure excellence in our relationship with our customer, you will be responsible for incoming and outgoing calls to claimants, caregivers, facilities and other persons or entities involved in the claim to enhance the customer experience
* In support of our focus on team vs individual , you will effectively manage and prioritize a work queue and multiple job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, frequently with aggressive deadlines.
* You will be accountable for recognizing and working within a structured environment with clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures, to ensure consistency of claims practices and resolution. You will also be responsible for making complex decisions based on experience and sound judgment for situations not specifically defined in those procedures.
* Collaboration and effective communication are important; you will seek solutions rather than just identify problems and will partner with teams across sites to achieve common goals.
* For the purpose of maintaining a highly engaged organization of professional employees, you will uphold our P.A.R.T. culture - Professional Accountable Respectful Together.
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES You have solid to exceptional performance in current role, as measured by productivity metrics, problem resolution, quality and feedback from supporting areas.
FOR ALL CANDIDATES - You have 18 24 months of experience in adjudicating Long Term Care claims OR you have deep customer service experience medical/financial backgrounds preferred. You have a proven ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral communication along with experience in using Windows applications (e.g. letter writing, spreadsheets, databases).
You excel in customer service as evidenced by professional and empathetic demeanor in all interactions. Your work exhibits these qualities: critical thinking, problem solving, conflict resolution and collaboration. Due to experience or education, you possess knowledge of medical terminology and diseases/diagnoses and are able to understand and interpret contract language, disability processes, nursing home licensing and rehabilitative requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS would include management experience, higher education (AA, bachelor s or master s degree) and/or longstanding experience in customer service.
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth s US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges with the aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time. OUR CORE VALUES ARE HEART, INTEGRITY AND EXCELLENCE AND WE STRIVE TO EXHIBIT THESE VALUES TO OUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS TO OUR EMPLOYEES.
THE MISSION OF LTC CLAIMS IS TO PAY ALL LEGITIMATE CLAIMS WITH EXTRAORDINARY CUSTOMER SERVICE. We know we can t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That s why we are committed to creating a culture that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement and a focus on our employee s well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we are dedicated to supporting each of them to help them reach their full potential.
Genworth is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Company
provides equal access to employment opportunities for all
applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or marital status, amnesty or status as a covered
veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal