Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chico, California
California State University, Chico s non-profit corporation, Chico State Enterprises, is recruiting for a Senior Grant and Contract Analyst.
Are you motivated by being a part of a larger mission and the opportunity to be apart of a vibrant and innovative group*
Chico State is the second oldest campus in the 23-campus California State University system. It is located in Chico, California, about 90 miles north of Sacramento. From the tree-filled campus to the charming downtown, Chico is a place generations of Wildcats have come to love. The history and values shared by the campus and community foster a unique phenomenon the Chico Experience. See more of what life is like on and around Chico State: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChicoStateChannel
The Research Foundation merged with Research and Sponsored Programs in the summer of 2019 to create Chico State Enterprises; a 501(c)3 established to better serve the entrepreneurial and sponsored program activities of the University. Chico State Enterprises provides a competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (up to 24 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%). Compensation is budgeted between $59,000-$75,000 annually.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for compliance and fiscal management of grants and contracts. The position exercises independent judgment and discretion in working with faculty/project directors, funding agencies, Foundation and University personnel. Examples of duties include:
* Provide day-to-day lead of Chico State Enterprises Analysts;
* Review and approve budgets prior to proposal submission;
* Provide support to management of the annual SEFA audit process;
* Provide support to management of the annual HERD survey process;
* Assist Sr. Manager of Grants, Contracts, and Operations with preparing reports using the OneSolution/Pre-award software
* Establishing and maintaining contact with funding agencies; conducting negotiations with regard to contract language, budget changes and no-cost extensions;
* Working with faculty and other project personnel to ensure regulatory compliance, including the fiscal management of grants and contracts;
* Reviewing and interpreting funding documents;
* Interpreting and applying campus policies and procedures;
* Researching, interpreting and applying appropriate funding agency regulations and general federal requirements as required by each award;
* Reviewing, analyzing and preparing fiscal reports;
* Securing documentation of cost share;
* Preparing and certifying invoices to sponsors;
* Securing and maintaining documentation for audits;
* Provide Sr. Manager of Grants, Contracts, and Operations with various audits;
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: This position requires current standing as a Grant/Contract Analyst II or requires five or more years of significant and direct experience relating to the administration, compliance and fiscal management of grants and contracts and at least two years lead experience is required. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of a team, exercise sound judgement, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, facilitate teamwork in a leadership role, the ability to handle multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure. Must have knowledge of financial record-keeping, basic accounting principles, accounts payable and receivables, proficiency with the use of spreadsheets, and familiarity with use of automated accounting systems and other computer applications. Knowledge of governmental regulations pertaining to grants and contracts a must.
Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process. .