Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Inspect truck/trailer for defects for safe operation
* Safely load building materials onto flatbed or boom truck and unload products at commercial & residential job sites
* Deliver materials to assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
* Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
* Must report all accidents involving driver or company equipment
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
* Stamina to lift heavy building materials up to 80 lbs. for load/unload
* Excellent customer service skills and professional attitude
* Must have a valid commercial driver's license
* Class A License strongly preferred, Class B accepted
* Must have a clear three year Motor Vehicle Report
* Must have knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
* High School diploma or GED preferred
* Boom or Crane experience preferred
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
* Competitive compensation
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
Boom or Crane Experience
High School or better.
License & Certification
Commercial Driver License..