Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbus, Ohio
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate with expertise in immunology techniques to support clinical trials and research and development studies. The successful candidate will be expected to develop, qualify and validate analytical test methods and write standard operating procedures and assay methods. The individual may transfer these methods to end users in contract testing laboratories or contract manufacturing sites across the US and Europe. The ideal candidate may also be performing additional tasks (non-immunology) to support the cross-functional teams. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and culture, values and goals of Sarepta.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Conduct immunology assays to support clinical trials and research and development studies
* Contribute proactively to cross functional activities across Research groups and with other departments as needed
* Participate in all aspect of laboratory operation and demonstrate high organizational skills
* Validate test methods
* Document experiments and write study reports according to company protocols
* Performing routine maintenance on equipment used for immunology
* Perform other duties related to the work described
Education and Skills Requirements:
* B.S. (with 6+ years experience) or M.S. degree (with 4+ years experience) in Biology, Chemistry or related field with relevant experience in immunology
* Hands-on experience with one or more immunological techniques including Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) and Enzyme-linked Immunospot (ELISPOT).
* Prior experience working with human samples, including PBMCs
* Documentation of observations and data analyses with meticulous attention to detail, according to Good Documentation Practices (GDP), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) where applicable
* Demonstrates problem solving ability, and strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Operate as part of a team and assists fellow lab associates in providing a functional, safe working environment while maximizing laboratory efficiency
* Due to the nature of work, schedule includes occasional evening and weekend hours
* Familiarity with GLP, GCLP environments
* Experience in additional immunology assays
* Experience in validating methods/assays
* Familiarity with a wide range of methodologies outside of immunology- cell culture, standard molecular biology and biochemical techniques, including PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, western blotting, etc. is a plus
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.