Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Description Duties/Responsibilities
* Set-up and operate Laser to produce quality parts while minimizing scrap and rework.
* Place/feed metal on table and remove cut parts.
* Replace bundled flat material as needed using overhead crane.
* Ensure each part is a quality part by using first piece inspection process and dimensional references from prints.
* Report labor on job tickets or computer system.
* Perform daily, weekly maintenance and PM check list.
* Learn and change software programs to make minor adjustments.
* Required to lift up to 33lbs
* Abide by all safety rules and regulations
* Wear proper PPE at all times
* Perform daily housekeeping tasks to keep area clean & organized
* Help maintain a high level of 5S standards in the entire department
* Must be able and willing to work daily and/or weekly overtime as required
Essential Skills & Experience Required
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Basic mechanical ability
* Basic knowledge of and ability to be trained in the use of various hand and power tools
* Basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Must be able to interpret blue prints for quality
* Must be able to use simple gauges to check parts
* Ability to determine a quality part.
* Organizational and communication skills
* Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
* Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement demonstrated by a work history:
* of safe performance,
* of accuracy and attention to detail in the work performed, and
* of constructive problem solving and suggestions for improvement
* Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
* Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
* Must be able to handle continuous standing 8-10 hours daily
* Must be able to perform frequent lifting up to 33 lbs independently.
* Must be able to handle frequent pushing and pulling
* Will be working in a manufacturing plant with varying climate
* Must be able to work daily and weekly overtime as required
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.