Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Under general supervision of a registered nurse, performs routine tasks in patient care.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Under direct supervision of the RN and in collaboration with the patient and family, systematically and continually monitors the patient s health status and implements the plan of care.
* Carries out physician and nursing orders as directed by the RN.
* Takes/records blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and weighs patients.
* Performs blood glucose monitoring.
* Monitors intravenous infusions and transfusions as directed by RN.
* Sets up and discontinues telemetry monitor.
* Collects specimens as directed.
* Applies sterile dressings, removal of sutures, staples and/or drains. Performs all sterile procedures as assigned.
* Performs stomal irrigation and applies colostomy pouches.
* Performs oral and tracheostomy suctioning.
* Administers tube feedings to patients.
* Takes emergency actions as required.
* Performs all treatments and procedures as defined on initial skills checklist.
* Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient s condition or behavior to RN.
* Assists with admission, discharge and transfer process.
* Transports patients to and from various treatment centers when necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
* Keeps the patient s room in clean and orderly condition; makes beds, replaces soiled linen.
* Assists in restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
* Duties may be performed for one patient or more than one patient.
* When assigned to one patient, provides care, observes the patient and does not leave the patient alone.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months experience in a healthcare setting OR completion of a health related vocational education course of at least 3 months OR completion of the first semester of clinical education in an associate or bachelor s degree program for a health care discipline.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: BLS (American Heart Association) upon hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively, and follow written and oral instructions; and to maintain effective working relations with others.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.