Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff. Supports all restaurant managers with coordinating all food service activities of restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervises his/her own shift; including opening and closing of the restaurant
* Is responsible for all operating funds for the restaurant, including balancing safe and cash drawers
* Maintains operations by implementing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing operational improvements
* Ensure compliance with all Health Department standards: Temperature Logs, Cleanliness, and other food safety requirements
* Creates a professional and safe work environment for all employees, vendors, and customers; properly coaches employees as needed, providing proper documentation for Restaurant General Manager
* Confers with chef, food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities such as full service dining room, quick service dining, counter and catering operations.
* Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Follows proper company protocol for documenting incidents (QA)
* Is well informed on restaurant financial performance and how to assist in achieving positive financial results
* Monitors food cost; such as waste, employee meals, and food pars
* Monitors restaurant labor and sales; reacts to business needs
* Constantly checks schedules to ensure proper staffing for the business needs. Makes proper adjustments to scheduling to execute and operate efficiently, while maintaining great customer service standards
* Assigns register; counts out cashiers; reconciles all deposits; prepares bank deposits; orders change
* Coordinates, schedules, and properly trains all staff to their job descriptions. Ensures employees receive proper and ample training prior to scheduling employees on their own
* Review employees' performance. Is constantly coaching employees daily, setting and establishing standards that exceed all company expectations. Provides Restaurant General Manager feedback and recommendations when dealing with company policy violations.
* Professionally represents La Brea Bakery in all Disney related affairs and functions
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Remains in constant communication with direct report and other corporate support in all matters concerning the café operations. Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Written Communication - Provides employee documentations to Restaurant General Manager; writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information
Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays passion and optimism.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Strategic Thinking - Works closely with Assistant Manager and General Manager to understand the direction of the business.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum two year certificate from college or technical school; or three to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)