McGraw-Hill Education is committed to celebrating and supporting the differences that make us each unique and will not discriminate based on a person's gender, gender identity or expression, nationality, color, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, appearance or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we will also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Req ID: JID_786401_13468 Date Posted: 10-20-2019 Job Type: CMS Job Category: Marketing and Communications Location: Columbus, OH US
McGraw-Hill has an exceptional opportunity for a Product Marketing Manager. In this position you will support our K-12 product lines, ensuring we are developing the best programs for the market by employing market research, customer segmentation, Voice of the Customer, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, and informing new product development. You will also be responsible for leading effective, compelling sales enablement.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Collaborate within marketing, as well as with sales and product development to bring the voice of the customer to everything you do.
• Be the champion for teachers and their needs, striving to understand the complexity and nuances of the discipline in action in the classroom as well as trends in the discipline in order to create programs and campaigns that are undeniably well suited for great teaching and instruction.
• Bring insightful questions that challenge the status quo as you assist the product team with the development of revenue targets, accurate forecasting, profitability, and pricing.
• Review and translate insightful, comprehensive market research to understand the needs of the market and turn them into product requirements.
• Provide best-in-class training and enablement support for the sales team.
• Collaborate with sales and a variety of marketing functions to drive revenue through strategic marketing planning and execution.
• Support efforts to understand the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of product plans.
What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with K-12 education as well as Ed-Tech market.
• Five plus years of experience in a strategic marketing function.
• Led segmentation, positioning, pricing, campaigning and new product development practices.
• Confidence and willingness to take risks and make smart decisions based on data.
• Strong ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
• Strategic thinking strengths as we as the capacity to attend to details.
• Team mindset, willing to put the needs of the whole over individual contribution.
• Effective communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
• Commitment to being results oriented with a sense of urgency.
• Desire to learn, ask questions and challenge conventional thinking.
• Highest level of ethics and integrity.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Experience with B2E or B2B.
• MBA preferred.
An Evergreen posting is a campaign for future opportunities with McGraw-Hill. We are currently sourcing talent to build a pipeline of qualified, interested individuals for this job function. By applying to this Evergreen posting, you are expressing your interest in this job function with McGraw-Hill.