Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Plan and execute activities related to the development and supervision of Quality as relates to Barnes suppliers
* Review and analyze digitally produced inspection data with an emphasis on enhancing in house expertise and gaining accreditation to NADCAP Measurement and Inspection.
* Integrate new parts into the quality system, working with customers, engineering, manufacturing and the quality department.
* Plan and execute activities related to the development, application and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into finished materials or product.
* Prepare the First Article and VSE package for Quality Manager and customer review. Work with Purchasing in developing purchase orders with First Article or VSE requirements.
* Develop internal Quality Plans to account for 100% of all design characteristics.
* Develop and perform AS 9102 first article inspection packages on new and existing programs.
* Develop and analyze statistical data and specifications to indicate present product and process standards, and establish proposed quality reliability expectancy of finished product.
* Investigate and provide solutions to problems for processes and product non-conformance. Create statistical quality systems, such as trend analysis to control and/or improve processes.
* Review internal manufacturing plans for compliance to customer requirements.
* Conduct activities related to special process approvals.
* Perform quality audits of suppliers and potential suppliers.
* Make decisions that could cause/prevent program or product delays and affect costs and overall system quality.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 3-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment required. Aerospace highly preferred.
* Strong background experience with digital dimensional analysis. Knowledge of CMM operations and data analysis.
* Previous experience with customer and supplier relations and resolving issues in a timely and effective manner.
* Statistical Process Control background
* Detail oriented and disciplined to meeting established deadlines
* Experience with AS9100 and NADCAP accreditations.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Efficient in the interpretation of customer drawings and specifications
* Computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications.
* BS degree in an engineering discipline, plus a minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing or aerospace environment desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.