Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
ANALYTICS MANAGER - SPECTRUM NETWORKS
Apply Now DATE POSTED 10/20/2019 Requisition Number: 235788BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: News, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means You re ready to inspire and be inspired! You re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we re looking for: The Analytics Manager is responsible for the development of application and/or reporting solutions to address business needs. Understand business processes, and the systems utilized to implement business processes, to achieve common business goals. Gather requirements to develop new solutions, or optimize existing solutions, to resolve business problems by utilizing data from various sources. Recommend solutions to business problems to assist management and end users. Meet business goals in various operational areas within the company.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Produce detailed analyses in response to business problems and requests, and automate the reports based on the reporting needs
* Recommend reporting and/or application solutions to meet the needs of business users
* Build and automate reporting and/or application solutions to provide increased efficiency and consistency
* Understand policies, procedures, and practices for analysis of business performance and impact
* Produce summary and detailed reporting solutions for key performance indicators, utilizing data housed in multiple databases/systems
* Produce ad hoc reports to answer business questions quickly and thoroughly
* Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and VBA
* Knowledge of SQL Server, Python, Tableau, Qlikview, VBA, Business Objects
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
* Ability to multitask, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
* Ability to work independently and with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
* Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
* Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
* Ability to operate in a matrix organization
* Knowledge of PowerPoint or other presentation tools
* Knowledge of cable television products and services
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, or a business related field, or equivalent experience
* 4-6 years of Data analysis and reporting or related experience
* 3 years of Overall general systems and applications experience
* 3 years of Data collection and database design experience
* 4 years of SQL and VBA programing experience
* 3 years of experience in investigating and supporting business critical applications
* 3 years of experience in one or more database/reporting systems (MS Access DB, SQL Server, Oracle, .NET, Crystal, etc)
* 1 year of experience in People Management
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
* Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. FCC Unit: 13543 Business Unit: Spectrum Networks Apply Now Apply Later
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.