Posted in Marketing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Elmsford, New York
Position: Product Development Specialist
Starts: This Month
Duration: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Status: Full-time with benefits
Rate: Salary is DOE, $60K+
Our client, a gift and product company, needs to hire two full-time Product Development Specialists, one of whom will support their signature gift and home d?cor line and the other a more playful, colorful children's toy division.
Experienced Product Managers with a passion for creating new product ideas from concept to completion are welcome to apply!
Experience with a variety of materials is required (wood, metals, ceramics, horn, etc.) since the 20+ collections for the signature division are diverse, with a high sense of style and a refined aesthetic around various themes.
Toy experience is required for the other division.
The ideal Product Development Specialist has a creative spirit with a passion to learn all that the home products / giftware industry has to offer. They must have a great sense of style, be a strong communicator, be very detail-oriented, with a desire to start or redirect a career in the home decor and/or giftware industry.
Product Development Specialist Responsibilities:
* Support a team of Product Managers in the development of product from concept through production.
* Place sample orders with factories/vendors.
* Create and maintain tracking of all samples to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Receiving, tagging, preliminary pricing of those samples.
* Maintain Vendor Database to ensure that all information including compliance, MOQ, production timelines and materials is current.
* Maintain Product Image Files and Inspection Report Files.
* Market Research including but not limited to category pricing, trend and competitive lines.
* Attend and maintain notes for Product Line Review Meetings.
* Assist in the proofing of all catalog and marketing materials.
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org