Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK | MEDICAL CITY LEWISVILLE | PRN (AS NEEDED)
*MUST BE FLEXIBLE AND AVAILABLE TO WORK AS NEEDED. NO SET OR GUARANTEED HOURS.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join THE NATION\'S LARGEST PROVIDER OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES with HCA Healthcare
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking to add another Medical Records Clerk to our family. Unlock your potential here!
As a Medical Records Clerk, you will work directly in the facility supporting our Health Information Management team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Retrieve discharged medical records from units and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
* Place reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the courier to retrieve and deliver to Document Imaging.
* Batch, label and route loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to Document Imaging.
* Scan and index loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritize them
* May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes
* Coordinate the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage
* Assist customers with ROI requests ensuring the validity and authorization of the request
QUALIFICATIONS * High school diploma or equivalent required
* 1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred
* Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred
Parallon is an INDUSTRY LEADER in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a WORLD'S MOST ETHICAL COMPANY by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
BE A PART OF AN ORGANIZATION THAT INVESTS IN YOU. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org