Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Patient Care Assistant is responsible for providing technical and human assistance under the direction of licensed personnel to provide care for a defined group of patients to achieve quality patient outcomes.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Meets expectations providing assistance with activities of daily living by continuous monitoring and responding to patient needs to ensure quality patient care.
- Organizes work in order to complete daily assignments by competently performing defined skills in order to meet patient needs/expected outcomes.
- Maintains clean, orderly and safe environment by appropriate storage, and cleaning of equipment, meal trays, etc., in line with hospital and unit policies.
- Appropriately utilizes and charges for equipment and supplies by utilizing minimal supplies and crediting unused portions in order to provide cost effective care.
- Competently delivers therapeutic interventions under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse to meet expected outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of high school or its equivalent.
- Completion of approved nursing assistant course.
Certification and Licensure:
- Active certification with the state of Texas
- BLS required
- Constant walking, standing, bending, stooping and pushing and pulling heavy objects.
- Potential for cuts, bruises, muscle strains, exposure to airborne pathogens via blood and body fluids and exposure to contagious diseases. May be exposed to hazardous materials.
- This is an OSHA Category 1 position. Body substance isolation must be practiced.