Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care.
* Develops and maintains policies in line with current legal and regulatory guidelines
* Maintains the pharmacy operation to meet all necessary licensure requirements
* Develops and maintains various pharmacy programs to assist physicians in providing optimal service in the selection, procurement, distribution, storage, and safe use of medications
* Provides teaching and training for patients to explain medication therapy, side effects, etc.
* Provides leadership and guidance to technicians and other staff members
* Weighs, measures, mixes, and dispenses medication following regulatory standards and prescription orders
* Evaluates prescriptions for medication, checking clarity, route of administration, purpose of use, dosage, schedule, and compatibility with other order drugs
* Consults directly with physicians on all orders requiring clarification and discussion
* Procures and maintains adequate level of pharmaceutical
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current trends, developments in treatment through the regular review of related materials, continuing education, professional affiliations, etc.
* Prepares various reports for management as required
* Requires analytical skills to detect drug incompatibilities, provide guidance to physicians, patients families, and medical personnel concerning pharmaceutical selection, procurement, distribution, safe use, and storage
* Must be computer literate
* Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, to relate to staff, physicians, patients, and families as needed
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of procedures and regulations related to the preparation and dispensing, safe use, and storage of pharmaceutical
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Graduate Pharmacist from an Accredited College
* 2-4 years of experience as a Pharmacist in a hospital or home care environment
* Pharmacy license in the state employed
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access, and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Since Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, the company conducts drug and background checks during the recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Not ready to Apply*