Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Description :
Technica is looking for a Configuration Manager (CM) with work location at Ft. Belvoir, VA. The candidate will support a team providing critical infrastructure, information technology and communications support to a critical DoD Office for NIPR, SIPR and JWICS networks and critical application support for a 300+ user base.
The CM Manager shall document, maintain, and update a Service Catalog, including a summary and description of products and services provided, document, maintain, and update a Configuration Management Plan (CMP) that reflects hardware and software configuration control procedures. Implement and maintain a configuration database/library to capture and record the details of services and resources that comprise the IT enterprise.
The CM Manager shall maintain a comprehensive Enterprise Configuration Item Listing (e.g., servers, routers, switches) that comprises the enterprise and develop, distribute, and track all change requests (CR), conduct routine hardware and software and address issues with and provide recommendations for procurement of new systems, configuration changes, software, and licensing.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
* Oversees all aspects of configuration management activities supporting the following elements of an IT system and network: servers, routers, switches, workstations, mobile phones, software applications, etc.
* Maintains an accurate architecture topology and logical diagrams
* Supports the Agency Configuration Control processes and procedures and documents all changes as they arise including any decisions made in the CCB.
Required Skills :
* Active DoD TS clearance
* Bachelor s degree in technology related field
* 10+ years of relevant information technology experience in the Department of Defense in network and/or systems engineering and application support
* Configuration Management within a DoD environment and with elements of an IT systems and network
Desired Skills :
* ITIL certification
* Knowledge of Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, Lenovo, Polycom, TACLANES, Microsoft, RedHat, Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMWare
Clearance Level :
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. :
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.