Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
Ensure individual resident assessment and comprehensive care plan are followed. Supervise resident care personnel. Communicate and observe the Corporate Compliance Program and comply with Code of Conduct.
Essential functions of the job:
• Make rounds at least twice during shift.
• Recognize changes in condition of the residents and notify the Director of Clinical Health Services.
• Supervise serving of diets and fluid intake.
• Ensure rehabilitative procedures are performed.
• Must do documentation audits weekly on MARs, treatment records, skin assessments and residents’ monthly assessments.
• Verify inventory of drugs covered by the Controlled Substance Act in the emergency box weekly.
• Assist in interpreting goals and objectives of Healthcare to nursing service personnel.
• Supervise CNAs and LPNs.
• Maintain a current list of residents’ problems that need a physician order or follow-up by next shift.
• Review all transcribed physician’s orders.
• Review all nurses’ notes of any change in condition, incidents, or accidents occurring during shift.
• Assist in writing and updating Resident Assessment and Comprehensive Care plans as residents’ condition changes.
• Complete documentation audits on new admissions and readmissions for accuracy and completion.
• Conduct audits on skin assessments weekly.
• Development, implementation, monitoring and supervision of the Restorative Nursing Program.
Skills and aptitude required:
• Be congenial to residents, family members and associates and respond in an appropriate professional manner.
• Must be able to respond to residents in an independent living unit during an emergency.
• Excellent technical assessment skills required.
Education and experience required:
• Current Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
• Good standing with the Georgia Board of Nursing.
• CPR certification.
• Experience in long-term care preferred.
• One or more years of supervisory experience (may be waived for internal candidate).
• Basic computer skills.