Posted in General Business 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
ASSET SERVICING ARCHITECT, CHICAGO IL
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally.
We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31, 2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $122 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is looking for an Architect to join its Technology Center in Chicago, IL.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asset Servicing Architect is responsible for to understand Northern Trust Enterprise and Shared Services architecture in order to provide guidance and oversight to both long and short term deliverables undertaken by Asset Servicing Technology. This individual should have a foundation in technologies from transaction processing to data architecture to cloud computing to name a few. This is a key leadership position that will engage with technology and business professionals across the organization.
The candidate will lead significant development efforts and ensure Northern Trust standards and practices are adhered to on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will work across application support, application development, infrastructure, and business teams. This is a senior position and a critical role in the overall Asset Servicing Technology Organization that will help shape an evolving, follow-the-sun multi-faceted organization with a focus on continuous improvement and quality software delivery.
• Develop a thorough understanding of our technology footprint, architectural standards and business requirements.
• Correlate that understanding into actionable architectural patterns that will address the needs of the business.
• Take an active role in the mentoring and development of more junior resources
• Lead significant development efforts to ensure timely delivery, escalation, and clear business communication
• Evaluate effectiveness of the technology team and make recommendations on overall talent requirements.
• Take on the thought leader role for Asset Servicing Architecture going forward.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or business management and/or demonstrable practical experience
• 10+ years of architectural/large scale development experience with 2+ years in a senior leader position
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of financial service applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of software development and application architecture
• Ability to communicate with non-technical stakeholders using appropriate language suitable for the explaining technical issues to a non-technical audience
• An ability to act quickly, pragmatically and assertively under pressure to prioritize and resolve technical issues
• Self-motivated to initiate action and be responsible for consequent decisions
• Communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels of the organization and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques
• Proven planning, prioritization, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Work in a manner in keeping with the Northern Trust company's core values
Preferred/ Recommended Skills:
• Experience with asset servicing applications and data warehouse concepts
• Experience developing and mentoring junior resources