Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
To identify and correct visual / dimensional flaws in castings to insure the final product meets customer specifications. Based on business needs, may be required to perform the functions of visual / dimensional inspection, straightening, and CMM evaluation/disposition (along with their associated tasks i.e. hardness testing, UTT, targeting, etc.) as defined on PCC Technique Cards, blueprints and other documentation/work instructions.
The aim of this description is to recognize multi-skilled work which facilitates the flow of parts. Instead the multiple tasks are performed on the parts by a single employee. Each employee is expected to apply an average of 20 percent of their total hours worked, performing on one or more secondary functions in addition to a primary core function.
1. If your primary core function is visual dimensional inspection, then the secondary function of straightening and/or CMM evaluation/disposition must be performed a minimum of 20% of the time.
2. If your primary core function is straightening, then the secondary function of visual dimensional inspection and/or CMM evaluation/disposition must be performed a minimum of 20% of the time.
1. Visual / Dimensional Inspection
Objective: to visually and dimensionally inspect castings in accordance with customer specifications and to ensure that only necessary rework is performed.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Follows Quality Systems and Technique Card requirements.
B. Fixtures some parts and leaves others freestanding.
C. Visually inspects castings as required.
D. Dimensionally inspects castings for conformance to blueprint and Technique Card specifications using templates, micrometers, fixtures, gauges, calipers, ultrasound, boroscope and other dimensional measuring devices.
E. Checks casting hardness using Brinell, Rockwell and other instruments.
F. Marks castings to identify area needing rework, mill rates, etc. in order to meet dimensional and visual specifications.
G. Adjusts fixtures, gauges and precision measuring tools to calibrated standards.
Objective: to straighten castings to meet dimensional tolerances and customer specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Sets up castings on surface plates or fixtures.
B. Evaluates the condition of parts using precision measuring toolsto determines the most effective method of straightening castings.
C. Establishes datums to casting surfaces and fixtures on surface plates straightens to a rotational tolerance.
D. Straightens casting to the required configuration using a variety of tools and devices, including presses, straightening fixtures, profile templates, and power or manual tools.
3. CMM Evaluation/Disposition
Objective: to review CMM Reports and determineusing Technique Card Hit Maps and customer specifications if castings are in accordance with customer specifications and to ensure that only necessary rework is performed
Essential Job Functions:
A. Review CMM Reports for discrepancies.
B. Evaluate the CMM BT (Before Target) report and utilizing Localized Alignment Values (LAV) establish rest point values for targeting.
C. Determine if discrepancies are acceptable to customer specification and/or applicable part specific requirements.
D. Evaluate discrepant part/s using standard Visual/Dimensional Inspection techniques to determine necessary rework to reprocess part/s back to customer specification.
E. Marks castings to identify area/s needing rework in order to meet specifications.
F. Routes discrepant part/s to the Rework Analyst for reprocessing.
4. Casting Repair and Analysis
A. Make recommendations to resolve part non-conformity. May work in other disciplines to resolve quality issues.
B. Performs other tasks as directed including blending of defect areas.
C. Makes recommendation for part routing as required.
A. Completes and maintains a variety of records, logs and non-conformance reports and production reports as required.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, TOOLS AND/OR MACHINERY USED:
2. Pallet jacks
3. Dimensional measuring tools (e.g. calipers, micrometers, gauges)
5. Basic hand tools (hammers, wrenches, etc.)
6. Fabricated blocks
7. Hand grinders
8. Porta-power (hydraulic ram)
9. Band saws
10. Light meter
12. Surface plates
13. Protective equipment/clothing
15. Straightening Presses
Training will be a combination of class work and on-the-job and in most cases accompanied with task specific training modules. It will be the employee s responsibility to progress through these tasks with performance and quality levels that comply with the requirements identified in the Step Progression Record.
1. Current valid certification required in visual / dimensional inspection and UTT inspection. Some business operations may require rework analyst certification.
2. Previous training and/or experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: straightening, targeting, grinding or CMM disposition.
3. Ability to perform mathematical calculations as required.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to read, follow and interpret blueprints is required.
6. Ability to read and follow complex instructions on Technique Cards, Process Control Procedures and other technical specifications.
7. Ability to work independently and as a team member, and to give and receive instructions and training.
8. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
9. Preference may be given to applicants who hold Rework Analyst Certification.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov