Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Quality Assurance/Test Manager to join our team in New York, New York.
Summary: The QA/Test Manager will apply their technical skills to develop a skilled and robust project-focused test team, as well as to apply their management skills to logistics challenges including managing data collection and analysis using known vehicles, simulated data, and uncontrolled/live traffic through toll zones. The QA/Test Manager will be responsible for scheduling the integrated system updates, based on test schedule requirements, ongoing installation and configuration activities, and test output goals.
Position Description: The Quality Assurance/Test Manager position is a multi-faceted mid-level role and is a key part of the Project Test Team. The QA/Test Manager reports to the Director of Quality for Infinity Systems, and will work closely with the CBDTP Project Manager to manage the day to day tasks of the Project Test Group, based on near- and long-term project priorities set by the Project manager. The CBDTP technical solution is a new technology solution, and therefore the QA/Test Manager will be responsible for developing a robust understanding of the new technology to effectively test the system and train the project test team. The successful candidate will have hardware- and/or software-focused system of system testing experience as well as a history of team development and leadership.
The QA/Test Manager will apply their technical skills to develop a skilled and robust project-focused test team, as well as to apply their management skills to logistics challenges including managing data collection and analysis using known vehicles, simulated data, and uncontrolled/live traffic through toll zones. The QA/Test Manager will be responsible for scheduling the integrated system updates, based on test schedule requirements, ongoing installation and configuration activities, and test output goals.
Due to the complex nature of the integrated Infinity system, as well as the ongoing process improvement goals set by the Infinity Product Management core team, there is no specific required collection of technical skills for this position. Instead, we seek to match a technically skilled candidate who also has strong leadership capabilities with the overall goals and collaborative team approach already in place in the QA team. The successful candidate will bring technical skills that can be applied to one or more of the project test challenges immediately, while also striving to continuously learn more about the past, current, and future capabilities of the integrated Infinity system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Overseeing work flow management, including task tracking of the test team
• Compliance with all documented test processes and goals
• Test script review and evaluation to ensure compliance with critical client requirements
• Data collection and analysis
• Contribute to the Master Test Plan and other test documents as needed
• Contribute to 2020 Project goals and contractual obligations including
o Successful installation and standup of the CBDTP solution
o Host (Server) Factory Acceptance Testing
o Onsite First Installation Testing
o Interface and Commissioning Testing
o System Acceptance Testing
o Process and deliverable development
• Less than 25% travel away from the NYC area
• Shift work as needed to support testing requirements
• 5-10 years of experience in an engineering or test and evaluation role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding attention to detail without becoming bogged down in minutiae
• Willingness and ability to continually gain knowledge regarding the integrated Infinity system
• Willingness and ability to matrix on-site and remote testing personnel and test efforts based on project requirements
• Ability to manage a team of 3-5 testers including personnel management and technical guidance
• Ability to manage written deliverable development in compliance with contract standards
• Ability to balance conflicting or competing priorities to make progress on multiple goals whenever possible
• Ability to understand and clearly communicate how findings in one environment or configuration may apply to different environments and configurations
• Ability to rapidly adjust to shifting priorities without losing previous work efforts
• Ability to mentor team members to help all members of the team improve their technical and professional skills
• Ability to effectively delegate and balance team roles based on team capabilities and availability
• Ability to develop and improve process documentation
• Ability to teach or be taught depending on the specific skill and knowledge set in demand for any given project
• Outstanding logistics skills (personnel/time management, equipment management and tracking, and financial resource management)
• Ability to improvise when necessary
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
• Ability to become scissor lift and boom truck certified
• Six or more of the skills referenced in the Desired Skills section of this job description, from both a technical category and the general test management category
Desired Skills: The successful QA/Test Manager candidate will have experience in several of the test management skills category, as well as technical skills such as those listed in the software and hardware technical skills categories. We are not looking for someone who has all of these, but these are examples of the kinds of skills that will be valuable to guide and manage the CBDTP QA test group.
• General Test Management skills
o Experience with JIRA or similar RAIL tools
o Experience with a wiki or other documentation outreach
o Experience developing test scripts based on client criteria or requirements
o Experience identifying shortfalls in processes, improving them, and supporting team outreach and training
o Experience with testing and evaluating embedded or integrated systems
o Experience with System of Systems integration and testing
o Excellent test requirement or criteria development skills
o Excellent project management skills
• Technical - Software-focused skills (examples)
o Complex network environments
o Linux OS
o Windows OS (embedded, desktop, and server)
o Software development, coding, review
o Configuration management
• Technical - Hardware-focused skills (examples)
o Ability to improvise in mechanical and/or electrical systems
o Prototype/experimental design development and documentation
o Experience with circuitry that is sufficient to compare a real-world implementation to a theoretical wiring diagram and communicate differences or update the diagram or real-world installation
o Wiring and pinouts - Cat5,5e,6 knowledge, standard color codes, ability to create custom cables based on pinout guidance (including soldering)
o Understanding of AC and DC voltages and the ability to apply that understanding to theoretical wiring diagrams and real-world implementations
o Ability to read complex wiring diagrams and update them if necessary, using standard redline processes
o Understanding of mechanical design and how to read drawings/schematics and the ability to update them if necessary, using standard redline processes
o Experience with part number and assembly databases used in manufacturing and order management environments (such as Visibility)
o Experience with hardware installation and/or troubleshooting in the field.
o Experience with various common hand tools and willingness to use them for installation, troubleshooting, and prototype development
o Experience with tolling industry-relevant technology such as in-ground sensor systems, cameras, RFID tags or readers, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Engineering or equivalent work experience