Operations Supervisor (1st Shift - Sunday - Wednesday)
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jefferson, Georgia
- Determine work volume, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow to ensure maximum cost effectiveness within the department.
- Assign duties and examine work for quality, neatness, and conformity to policies and procedures.
- Schedule job assignments for periodic and/or special inventories.
- Monitor, direct, and (when necessary), perform, the accurate shipping of outbound orders.
- Issue written and oral instructions to associates as needed or required.
- Ensure associate accountability in accordance with corporate standard operating procedures.
- Work to maintain harmony among associates and resolve grievances.
- Manage employee time including edits and corrections
- Mentor and coach associates, including corrective actions as well as performance evaluations.
- Assume responsibility for monitoring zoning and product database development during the
- receiving process.
- Perform training of policies, procedures, and Standard Works to ensure processes are followed.
- Assist Safety Advocate with all aspects of Safety Program and participate on the Safety Committee.
- Assist in the development of processes and process improvements.
- tasks as assigned by the General Manager
- Bachelor degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college; or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in warehousing, distribution, or related required.
- Minimum of six months supervisory experience
- PC and computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Communicate for Impact - Devoting the time and resources necessary to communicate the strategic vision, direction, priorities, and progress of the team for which you are responsible.
- Leading People - Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance and foster employee engagement in meeting the organization's strategy.
- Managing Transitions / Change Management - Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Relationship Management - Building and maintaining relationships with internal partners to successfully complete projects and organizational objectives.
- Strategic Agility - Gains perspective and balances the pressure between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the organization.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less.
- A passport is not required, but recommended.