Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Under direction of the Sr. Manager of Operations for the ProviderPay program, this role will be responsible for leading a team of Operations representatives by providing support and direction for up to 10 employees. The teams consist of Payer Relations representatives and Implementation Specialists, dedicated to the efficient and accurate enrollment of new customers. The Payer Relations team also manages ongoing relationships with third party payers to ensure the timely and accurate membership and data management needed to power the ProviderPay solution. Responsibilities include monitoring and reporting of productivity, assistance in the research and resolution of issues, coaching and development of team members, and overall development of team performance. Additionally, this role will be responsibility for leading or participating in projects relating to the integration and improvement of the business processes for Operations or related ProviderPay needs.
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities): Education/Training – 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Business Experience –
• 3+ years of supervisory or equivalent experience
• 2+ years business operations experience
• 1+ years interviewing, quality management, & disciplinary action experience
• Fundamental accounting methodologies and practices
• Experience presenting program and/or team statistics to senior leadership and key customers
• Strong MS Office experience (Excel, Word & Outlook)
• Must possess the following skills: self-motivated, results-oriented, problem solving, decision making, analytical and business skills, team player, interpersonal and customer-focused
• Demonstrated experience with process improvement
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
• General managed care experience
• General pharmacy operations / claims adjudication knowledge or experience
• General pharmacy reimbursement/reconciliation knowledge or experience preferred
• SQL experience and proficiency preferred
Working Conditions: Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) – general office
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) – general office
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!