Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Manager, Bakery-Maintenance
* Bakery Director
Manages daily maintenance activities, controls department and capital expenditure (CAPX) budgets. Hires, trains and develops staff, coordinates preventative maintenance plans and scheduling, expands and develops programs to eliminate downtime and enhance efficiencies.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, and performance requirements. Understand and implements the knowledge in the Aryzta values throughout the facility and your teams to ensure continuous improvement for the company, customers, and employees.
* Manage breakdowns/troubleshoot/schedule maintenance needs as equipment fails or as production plan changes.
* Engineering evaluation of problem (s).
* Determine best course of action for equipment repair considering efficiency, cost effectiveness and quality.
* Manage the department budget and CAPX (capital expenditures) budget.
* Allocate spending/approve invoices by department and by CAPX
* Develop CAPX projects for plant needs for the Fiscal Year.
* Plan and generate purchase orders, and order spare parts/CAPX as required.
* Manage contractors and administer contracts for CAPX projects as approved.
* Schedule Maintenance staff for 24 hr/day 7 day week operation/line coverage and preventative maintenance.
* Plan, delegate and control work assignments.
* Manage department performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to manager.
* Direct maintenance employees in proper operational procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* 7 years shop floor experience in a manufacturing environment including leadership experience
* Maintenance/Engineering expertise in hydraulics, mechanics, process and electrical functions of equipment.
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
* Computer literate with proficiency in Excel and Word for spreadsheets and reports.
* Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) electrical troubleshooting knowledge.
* Experience with ammonia and the PSM Standard preferred.
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 20% of total work time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.